Wednesday, 14 September 2011
I'm tired of people thinking they can walk all over me, just because I tolerate it. Even more so when they're my own dang relatives.
Take for instance today, when my cousin S decided to randomly type "My cousin is a noob" (refering to me) in the msn to his friend. I told him not to, but he went ahead, so I wrestled with him over the keys. Eventually it still ended up being typed. His extremely rude friend thought it was me and called me a 'bitch' and proceeded to yell (or type, however you look at it) some nasty things. When I told S it was unfair to me, seeing as I wasn't the one who typed it, he basically blamed it on me and defended his friend. This wasn't the first time it happened and I brushed off the previous incidents, but now they're pushing it too far. Obviously I was freaking upset. Not to mention hurt.
While I wasn't expecting him to kowtow or anything ridiculous like that, I thought he might apologize for his friend's behavior, or at least assure me it won't happen again. I definitely wasn't expecting him to accuse me of starting the whole issue!!!
Heh. This is stupid. I'm still furious over it, but even more so at myself. For letting myself get upset over the words of an ignorant, rude 15 year-old I don't even know. Why am I letting some punk trample on my emotions? Shows what a low self-esteem I have. If only I had kept my cool. But it's too late to change my reaction. By throwing a fit, I just lowered myself to his level. And it wasn't worth it.
I'm tired. I don't want to get involved with S anymore. All those years of cousin-ly ties, destroyed by a trivial matter. He doesn't respect me anymore. If that's the case, why should I respect him? Let him run amok with his equally wild friends. I don't care anymore.
Take for instance today, when my cousin S decided to randomly type "My cousin is a noob" (refering to me) in the msn to his friend. I told him not to, but he went ahead, so I wrestled with him over the keys. Eventually it still ended up being typed. His extremely rude friend thought it was me and called me a 'bitch' and proceeded to yell (or type, however you look at it) some nasty things. When I told S it was unfair to me, seeing as I wasn't the one who typed it, he basically blamed it on me and defended his friend. This wasn't the first time it happened and I brushed off the previous incidents, but now they're pushing it too far. Obviously I was freaking upset. Not to mention hurt.
While I wasn't expecting him to kowtow or anything ridiculous like that, I thought he might apologize for his friend's behavior, or at least assure me it won't happen again. I definitely wasn't expecting him to accuse me of starting the whole issue!!!
Heh. This is stupid. I'm still furious over it, but even more so at myself. For letting myself get upset over the words of an ignorant, rude 15 year-old I don't even know. Why am I letting some punk trample on my emotions? Shows what a low self-esteem I have. If only I had kept my cool. But it's too late to change my reaction. By throwing a fit, I just lowered myself to his level. And it wasn't worth it.
I'm tired. I don't want to get involved with S anymore. All those years of cousin-ly ties, destroyed by a trivial matter. He doesn't respect me anymore. If that's the case, why should I respect him? Let him run amok with his equally wild friends. I don't care anymore.
9/14/2011 11:43:00 pm
