Thursday, 11 August 2011
Received my GECC results few days ago. It was a mere 46 upon 100 marks, a disappointing "D" grade. At that moment, I wasn't sure how to react. Crazy thoughts whirled through my mind. Should I rip the result slip to pieces? Or put it someplace where I'd never have to see it again? Perhaps I should shed tears or slap myself for doing so badly?
In the end though, I tucked it into the folder I reserved specially for all my result slips - some wonderful, some average, but most plain awful. With every minute that ticks by, I see my hopes for a second class degree deflating like a popped balloon...I really screwed up this time. Some of my classmates did not do so well either; but their score is worth ten times more than mine, because they're working and I'm not, because they genuinely put in effort and I only pretend to do so. I've never sunk so low; I don't know how to continue living such a mundane and meaningless life. How can I get back up? I struggle to stand but my legs wouldn't let me. No one can help me - because I can't help myself. And throughout this inner battle, the sands of time dissolve me...
8/11/2011 09:54:00 pm
