<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7778237836768633105?origin\x3dhttp://sugar-delight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, 13 August 2011

My pet, Orange, is peering solemnly at me as I'm typing this post. She beats her tiny fins and circles her tank, looking confused at the absence of her long-time companion. For Scales had succumbed to swim bladder disease - but for some reason, Orange was spared. That surprised me because Orange was the bigger of the two. How could she not be, when she was always shoving Scales out of the way so she could grab bigger mouthfuls of food? Despite their permanent looks of bewildement and bug-eyes, I adored them. I loved watching them nose their way around their tank, and the way they begged for food every morning at 10am (I'm a late riser) just melted my heart. They were not fluffy nor cute like cats, dogs or hamsters, but still they shone in their own way.

The day Scales died was the day I didn't feel like doing anything. Even an outing with my friends did little to improve my spirits.

At least I wasn't crying. When I was in primary school we were the proud owners of four gorgeous Kois. Being novices, we introduced another two new fish into the tank, which caused an infection that killed all the Kois. Seeing them suffering so much brought tears to my eyes, and I cried bitterly over their impending deaths. I had watched them grow up, lavished them with care, and now I was unable to do anything as the light in their eyes faded; as they gasped for breath with painful gulps; as their struggles became weaker with each second. I will never forget that terrible moment.

Ever since Scales left, I've been doing some research. It turned out goldfish required a varied diet to live a long and healthy life. Apparently they could survive up to 15 years or longer if given proper care. While dried flakes or pellets were necessary, frozen and live foods play an important role in dietary nutrition. Goldfish also eat veggies and fruits such as peas, apples, or lettuce.; thawed peas, for instance, served as treatment of swim bladder disease. If I had bothered to look up all these info, I could have prolonged Scales' life. I could have saved him somehow. My ignorance cost his life.

Ignorance is not born of evil intentions, yet the damage it causes rivals that of malice's.

Pictures fade but memories remain...
8/13/2011 05:48:00 pm


♥ The Girl ;



      Hi! I'm Qianping, or Qp as many call me.

      I'm a quiet and serious gal on the surface, but look past my mask and you'll see my chatty, childish side. And yes, I love the feeling of hot toast in my hands and the warmth of it on my lips :)

♥ In The Past



♥ Thank you