Monday, 15 August 2011
I'll try to update my blog three to four times a week, if possible. My grasp of the English language is declining as each day passes; if I want to maintain it I'd better start blogging again.
Spent nearly the whole day at Jurong Point shopping and chilling with my family. To avoid paying carpark fees, my dad parked at a place about 10 minutes walk away from JP. It wasn't far, but coupled with this sweltering heat, it's terribly uncomfortable! Unlike most people I know, who are able to dance their way through a crowd without breaking into a sweat, I perspire very easily. Just a slight raise in temperature leaves me with a sticky back, and an annoyed attitude. Not surprisingly, I griped and complained the entire time. It was a HUGE relief when we entered the air-conditioned mall!
At my dad's recommendation, we ate lunch at Old Town White Coffee. A cosy enough place ^^
Hor Fun - Ordered by my dad. According to him it wasn't too bad, so you can give it a try too :)
After lunch and some shopping, we stopped for teabreak. This Ya Kun Kaya Toast block is so cute! *3* Oh, of course the toast is fantastic too, but I forgot to take a pic of it.
Went to Putien for dinner. They're well known for their Drunken Cockles. Garlic lovers, rejoice!!! These bite-sized appetisers are fresh and juicy, and are sure to leave you hungering for more.
Sweet and Sour Pork with Lychees - another specialty of theirs! I give it an average rating though as it doesn't taste that different from the food court version. The lychee was very sweet, too bad there was only one.
Spinach with Century Egg - a tad salty; the egg really brought out the flavour of the dish :)
Steamed Sea Bass - value for money, it's live and costs approximately $33++ for 700g. Here at JP it's smaller though...the one we had at City Square Mall was much bigger. Both times, there was no fishy taste so that's a bonus.
Pumpkin Dessert with Ice Cream had an overwhelming taste of coconut the minute I took the first bite. It practically drowns out any other taste the dessert might have. Won't order it again.
There was some entertainment at the mall! An event organised by the company I used to work at, South West CDC :3
All in all, it was a good day although I went home empty-handed. I love spending time with my parents! <3
Spent nearly the whole day at Jurong Point shopping and chilling with my family. To avoid paying carpark fees, my dad parked at a place about 10 minutes walk away from JP. It wasn't far, but coupled with this sweltering heat, it's terribly uncomfortable! Unlike most people I know, who are able to dance their way through a crowd without breaking into a sweat, I perspire very easily. Just a slight raise in temperature leaves me with a sticky back, and an annoyed attitude. Not surprisingly, I griped and complained the entire time. It was a HUGE relief when we entered the air-conditioned mall!
At my dad's recommendation, we ate lunch at Old Town White Coffee. A cosy enough place ^^
My Iced Chocolate. It wasn't too thick or creamy, just the way I like it!
Curry Noodles - I was pleasantly surprised by its taste. The curry was sweet and spicy, while the plump prawns and char siew added flavour to the dish (which is saying something since I dislike eating char siew). A second helping please!
Hor Fun - Ordered by my dad. According to him it wasn't too bad, so you can give it a try too :)
Sweet and Sour Pork with Lychees - another specialty of theirs! I give it an average rating though as it doesn't taste that different from the food court version. The lychee was very sweet, too bad there was only one.
Spinach with Century Egg - a tad salty; the egg really brought out the flavour of the dish :)
Pumpkin Dessert with Ice Cream had an overwhelming taste of coconut the minute I took the first bite. It practically drowns out any other taste the dessert might have. Won't order it again.
White Fungus - Ahhhh, this tastes sweet, clear and is light on the palate. A perfect ending to a satisfactory meal!
There was some entertainment at the mall! An event organised by the company I used to work at, South West CDC :3
Two belly dancers entertaining the crowd with their gigantic wings, lol. Very pretty ^^
All in all, it was a good day although I went home empty-handed. I love spending time with my parents! <3
8/15/2011 12:44:00 am
