Saturday, 3 October 2009
Most of the art pieces there were made from lumps of clay, but there were a couple of oddities that stood out, such as colourful threads lovingly wrapped around wooden frames and a fresh painting of a tomato plant bearing fruit in winter.
My favourite piece has to be 'Infinite Depth and Faith', a clay dish shaped like a lotus leaf with comets streaking its sides. Viewing it from above made me feel as if I was staring into endless space - tiny pricks of light nestled in folds of darkness. It might have looked plain, even boring, but when I first saw it, it evoked a rush of positive energy through my heart and lots of positive phrases rushed through my mind. Wow, how cliched~
I intended to spend only 30 minutes at the ARTrium, but so fascinated was I by the gorgeous artworks on display that I kept revisiting the exhibitions, and ended up an hour late for lunch at the Funan DigitaLife mall.
The ayam penyet was topped with a generous helping of chicken floss, which enhanced the taste of the chicken meat. The mildness of the chilli disappointed me, but the side helping of soup made up for it. Verdict: Overall an enjoyable meal, but not for chilli lovers seeking something spicy.
Had a dim sum family appointment in the evening! Meeting was scheduled at Chinese Garden; when I first heard we were meeting at chi garden, my mental reaction was, "What kind of fancy restaurant is that?" So pai seh!!! I think I put all Singaporeans to shame =x
Ahem, moving on. With rows of colourful lanterns lighting our way, Chinese Garden was a splendid mass of lights. We walked around the whole area talking about random stuff, and played with sparklers later on. I was probably the maddest one, waving my sparkler about like a nut =O
10/03/2009 05:09:00 pm
