Tuesday, 26 August 2008
Finally!!! After one whole year, I get to meet up with my secondary school friends again. Liu Yin is leaving for China for her attachment, which lasts for nearly five months. At first, I figured I won't be able to make it as there might be some company commitment at 8.00pm, but in the end it turned out I could go - I spoke to Siti about it and she got some other temp staff to fill in for me.
Upon arrival, Chai Bee nearly bowled me over in her eagerness as she swept me up in a hug ("It's been soooo long!! Girl, how have u been!?"). She hasn't changed much - still the same friendly, chatty person I used to see everyday in school! As a matter of fact, Xiang Ying's, Wan Chee's, and Jovin's appearances didn't really change either. And neither did mine :P I guess the one who changed the most is probably Liu Yin; she now ties her hair in a short ponytail and wears funny geeky-looking glasses (what in the world?!?) to study better or something like that. =x I'm not too sure as she didn't whack the living daylights out of me, but I think she still retains her violent streak, although it has diminished somewhat over the years.
We went to the Esplanade to have dinner - stingray grilled to perfection and drizzled with sauce, BBQ chicken wings (my fav!) and fried rice. Yum! ^^ Sure was a tasty meal! Chai Bee and I shared one whole stingray, and the stuffed feeling in my tummy lingered on for the next couple of hours.
After the satisfying meal, we sort of walked around aimlessly while sharing stories along the way. Played truth or dare on the rooftop and had quite a lot of fun, until Liu Yin and Wan Chee got tired of the bottle always pointing at them and proceeded to anyhow beat it XD
It was good to see them all again, but somehow I didn't feel as glad as I thought I would be. I still love them, but the passing of time has weakened the bond between us - and by us, I mean me and them. They regularly kept in touch, so it's no surprise that they're much closer. In a way, I know it is my fault for not making the effort to contact them and arrange meet-ups. I have neglected our friendship for far too long.
Upon arrival, Chai Bee nearly bowled me over in her eagerness as she swept me up in a hug ("It's been soooo long!! Girl, how have u been!?"). She hasn't changed much - still the same friendly, chatty person I used to see everyday in school! As a matter of fact, Xiang Ying's, Wan Chee's, and Jovin's appearances didn't really change either. And neither did mine :P I guess the one who changed the most is probably Liu Yin; she now ties her hair in a short ponytail and wears funny geeky-looking glasses (what in the world?!?) to study better or something like that. =x I'm not too sure as she didn't whack the living daylights out of me, but I think she still retains her violent streak, although it has diminished somewhat over the years.
We went to the Esplanade to have dinner - stingray grilled to perfection and drizzled with sauce, BBQ chicken wings (my fav!) and fried rice. Yum! ^^ Sure was a tasty meal! Chai Bee and I shared one whole stingray, and the stuffed feeling in my tummy lingered on for the next couple of hours.
After the satisfying meal, we sort of walked around aimlessly while sharing stories along the way. Played truth or dare on the rooftop and had quite a lot of fun, until Liu Yin and Wan Chee got tired of the bottle always pointing at them and proceeded to anyhow beat it XD
It was good to see them all again, but somehow I didn't feel as glad as I thought I would be. I still love them, but the passing of time has weakened the bond between us - and by us, I mean me and them. They regularly kept in touch, so it's no surprise that they're much closer. In a way, I know it is my fault for not making the effort to contact them and arrange meet-ups. I have neglected our friendship for far too long.
8/26/2008 10:37:00 pm
