Wednesday, 23 July 2008
My supervisor wasn't around as she had to rush off for some course and Siti was doing counter duty in the afternoon, so that left me, Salimah and Rukiah. As usual, we went to S11 for lunch. Talked about all sorts of stuff (can't remember what exactly) and did some shopping afterwards. They helpfully offered tips and opinions on what I ought to wear...I nearly had a heart attack. Not because their taste in clothes was bad or anything, but because what they recommended were more suitable for middle-aged women. Still, I just smiled and nodded, although I was careful to reject their choices gently.
Salimah tried on a floral dress while Rukiah went for a sleeveless brown dress. The problem, they joked, was finding clothes that could fit them as they "might not be able to squeeze into them!" After 20 happy minutes of browsing about, Salimah finally settled on a pretty grey dress with flowers stitched at the bottom. The price was rather ex though - $38?? Too ex for me, in my opinion. =x Rukiah obviously felt the pinch too, because she decided not to buy a simple long-sleeved blouse ($39!?!). I too left empty-handed, but after work I hurried back to the store to buy a long flared top for just $8 - it was on sale, tee-hee!
I know I know, I resolved not to buy any clothes after the Northpoint shopping incident, but this is an exceptional case.
7/23/2008 08:53:00 pm
