<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7778237836768633105?origin\x3dhttp://sugar-delight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, 31 July 2008

An awesome, awesome day!! It seems Lady Luck is smiling on me, probably because I was wearing my lucky heart-shaped necklace! Let's see...the girl who sits beside me is leaving, I had a great lunch together with my colleagues, and I didn't get chided at work at all (which is really saying something)! Can this day be any better?

Maybe because it was Yue Qing's last day here. I was more relieved than upset to see her go as that meant I didn't have to take any more of her attitude problem. I know, it's mean of me to think so, but it's hard to have a good impression of someone when they turn up their nose at you. Funny thing is, today she was almost nice to me. Almost. She actually made eye contact, didn't turn her head away during a conversation and even chatted amiably about all sorts of things without making me feel stupid. Excluding her lunch with Aisyah though. I felt a little bad about wanting to see her go, but brushed it off. Just 'cos she treated me better one day didn't mean I was going to fall at her feet. Although I did have a slightly better impression of her by the end of the day.

The relief I experienced at not being reprimanded for work mistakes was quite overwhelming. I guess it's expected, seeing as there's bound to be at least one complaint every day.

I went with a bunch of other colleagues for lunch at IMM - the two 'C's, the three aunties, Winson and my supervisor. Bee Leng again advised me to consider a business course as it was "practical and can be applied to any career". She added that she did not think mass communications was suitable for me because it required good communication skills. It's true that sometimes, we have to shelve aside our dreams for reality, for the time being. But I strongly believed that diving head-first into a course I have no interest in, coupled with a dislike of it, is a recipe for disaster. The only two courses I am really into is biological sciences and english literature. And I don't know which one should I choose! Ahhhh!! It's giving me a headache!!

People seem to think that going into english literature more or less secures a career in teaching...and I'm less than enthusiastic about it. I mean, nowadays teaching is very stressful, especially when students are so rebellious and bold. My lifelong dream has always been to write imaginative stories and compile them into a book for people to read. All I really wanted to do was entertain and enlighten people on the beauty and allure of reading and writing. But I suppose that sometimes, dreams are just that. Dreams. And nothing more.

Heh, trust me to end a relatively happy post on a negative note.

Pictures fade but memories remain...
7/31/2008 10:19:00 pm


♥ The Girl ;



      Hi! I'm Qianping, or Qp as many call me.

      I'm a quiet and serious gal on the surface, but look past my mask and you'll see my chatty, childish side. And yes, I love the feeling of hot toast in my hands and the warmth of it on my lips :)

♥ In The Past



♥ Thank you