Tuesday, 17 June 2008
It's offically the worst day ever at work. I was forced to shift places. Again! Barely a month after the last move. Only this time, I have to move down to the 23rd floor. I'm not sure if this shifting about will ever end, but one thing I do know is that each new position worsens. The desk is so damn small it can only accomodate my computer, keyboard and phone. To add to the miserable situation, there are absolutely no drawers. As a result, application forms and letters are strewn all over my desk. The computer screen is super fuzzy too; no matter how I adjust it, I can't seem to get it to focus. I'd probably go blind in three days flat.
The people are so unfriendly - barely 20 minutes after I had moved down, I had a run-in with them over a stupid incident. I didn't have a pass, so I left the door open when I went out and came back to find it closed. When I knocked on the door, this lady came to open it for me but she showed her displeasure by putting on a black face and "tsk"-ing very loudly. Some guy sitting next to her called my supervisor up and proceeded to blast her, saying that it was causing "me and my colleagues inconvenience, and it is very unfair since we have to keep opening the door for her". What the hell?
The worst part of it all was that a couple of hours later, the person who had complained about me to my supervisor forgot his pass and was locked out, and knocked on the door!! The same lady opened the door for him and they both laughed it off.
Where's Justice when you need it?
The people are so unfriendly - barely 20 minutes after I had moved down, I had a run-in with them over a stupid incident. I didn't have a pass, so I left the door open when I went out and came back to find it closed. When I knocked on the door, this lady came to open it for me but she showed her displeasure by putting on a black face and "tsk"-ing very loudly. Some guy sitting next to her called my supervisor up and proceeded to blast her, saying that it was causing "me and my colleagues inconvenience, and it is very unfair since we have to keep opening the door for her". What the hell?
The worst part of it all was that a couple of hours later, the person who had complained about me to my supervisor forgot his pass and was locked out, and knocked on the door!! The same lady opened the door for him and they both laughed it off.
Where's Justice when you need it?
6/17/2008 11:26:00 pm
