<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7778237836768633105?origin\x3dhttp://sugar-delight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, 23 May 2008

My eyes are glistening with unshed tears even as I type this post. I had opened my letterbox earlier to find a letter from NTU lying inside. The white surface gleamed innocently up at me as I turned it over in my hands. With a quick jerk, I tore it open and pulled out the paper with shaking hands. Deep in my heart, I already knew the bleak truth...but still I felt my heart skip a beat when my eyes landed on the familar line of 'We regret to inform you...'

The disappointment that welled up inside me was almost overwhelming; it rendered me numb for several heart-stopping seconds. All I could remember was sitting on my sofa, my legs curled beneath me and my head leaning against it for support, the letter clutched in my hand. The bitter taste of failure still lingers on my lips. It is too late for regrets; for blaming myself and others around me. I still have to move on with my life, no matter how difficult it is.

'When problems arise...change your direction, but not your destination.' It's funny how a few simple words may be the ones that are truly inspiring. I may not have been accepted into NTU, but it isn't the end of the world. Sure it hurts, but there are other options as well...I must not be so narrow-minded as to focus on only one path. If I can't further my studies through it, then I'll turn to SIM instead. Ultimately, I would still be entering a University, no matter which one I go to.

Of course, I'm still not entirely letting go of the hope that I may make it in; I filed an appeal to get in the English Literature course. Now all that's left to do is wait...

Pictures fade but memories remain...
5/23/2008 09:20:00 pm


♥ The Girl ;



      Hi! I'm Qianping, or Qp as many call me.

      I'm a quiet and serious gal on the surface, but look past my mask and you'll see my chatty, childish side. And yes, I love the feeling of hot toast in my hands and the warmth of it on my lips :)

♥ In The Past



♥ Thank you