<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7778237836768633105?origin\x3dhttp://sugar-delight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, 18 May 2008

Changed my blogskin again. I'll be experimenting on different blogskins these few weeks to see which one is most suitable, so they might become different from time to time.

Woke up feeling great at the start of a brand new day, and at the thought that tomorrow's a holiday so there's no need to work. I was actually planning to tidy my room and do some revision (which would activate my rusty brain cells) but hey, plans can get sidetracked sometimes. Ended up shopping at Bugis Junction instead. I finally bought a new bag and shoes...after putting it off for goodness knows how many weeks. It wasn't worth the tired feet and aching shoulders - the bag was okay, but it took me quite some time to get used to its slightly bulky exterior, while the shoes do not fit as well as I thought they would. I just wasted $59 for nothing...

Lunch was delicious today. My mother prepared a home-cooked meal for the whole family and I thought I'd help out a bit. Never realised that the preparation of the food would be THAT tiring!! Meat had to be sliced, onions and garlic silvered, vegetables chopped, sausages cut; the list runs on. I learnt quite a lot from today's cooking lesson LOL.



Mum (demonstrates how to cut the onions) :OK, you try.

[I take the knife and cut so unevenly half the onion comes away together with the rind]

Mum: Continue cutting like this and there won't be any onions left to fry! (starts laughing) Next time your children sure starve de!

.........


My inexperienced attempts at manning the kitchen was pretty funny, but it also made me realise that far too often, we take our meals for granted. When the food is delicious, we only know how to lick our lips and praise the meal; when the food isn't up to our standard, we express our disappointment in the form of disapproving looks and disgrunted actions. We ignore the fact that we are fortunate enough to have food on the table, that we need not beg from others nor rummage through rubbish bins just for a bite. People in other countries are starving to death and yet we act like the world is doing fine.

Recently, the Sichuan Earthquake made headlines; reports about it were splashed all over the newspapers. It was really heart-wrenching to see corpses littered everywhere and the pained cries of sorrow from the survivers. Parents wept for their departed children; families huddled together stared numbly at the ruins around them. Some elapsed into hysterical wailing, unable to fully come to terms with the extent of their losses. For many, their whole life is over. The situation made me realise just how lucky we are to live in Singapore, where we are safe from natural disasters and free from the horrors of war. So why are we still so dissatisfied?

Pictures fade but memories remain...
5/18/2008 11:43:00 pm


♥ The Girl ;



      Hi! I'm Qianping, or Qp as many call me.

      I'm a quiet and serious gal on the surface, but look past my mask and you'll see my chatty, childish side. And yes, I love the feeling of hot toast in my hands and the warmth of it on my lips :)

♥ In The Past



♥ Thank you